New job opportunity at Nexer - Content Designer
Content Design Team Lead
2 minute read
We are growing and are keen to talk to content specialists who want to help design great products and services.
For Nexer, content design is an important part of creating user-centred digital products and services that help people to live and work better. We’re growing our content design practice, within our wider experience design team, to better meet the demands of our customers in health, education, charities and the public sector.
The role is incredibly varied. It encompasses user research, content strategy and governance, copy writing, information architecture, and content migration. There’ll also be opportunities to contribute to internal initiatives, business development, marketing and events. Sometimes our designers work from one of our offices, other times from home, and sometimes they may be working onsite as part of a client-side team.
- Work alongside user researchers and other designers to understand user behaviour, engage with user research activities and make informed content decisions
- Participate in discovery and alpha (or early stage) project activities such as content planning and helping the wider design teams to prototype with real content
- Lead content strategy workshops and mapping activities with clients and users to define and manage content strategies based on user needs and business goals
- Write clear, user-friendly, targeted content – copy, micro-copy, guidance materials, web content, technical information and training content – either on your own, or more often as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Devise and implement user-centred Information Architecture, content governance plans, and content audits or migration exercises
- Scope, commission, produce, and publish digital content for Nexer and our clients
- Build and manage relationships with service users, clients and stakeholders to ensure their needs are considered and effectively met
- Define, contribute to and deliver style guides, branding, tone of voice, and design systems
- Guide, support and train client teams in the creation and management of their content
Skills and experience
Ideally, you’ll have:
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- At least 2 years’ experience in a content design, writing or UX role
- A background in or understanding of UX, digital transformation, user-centred design, and accessibility, or related digital product and service design disciplines
- An understanding of agile, user-centred ways of working
- The ability to work in a client-facing role as part of a multidisciplinary team and build good working relationships with clients, users, stakeholders and your colleagues
In addition, we’d love it if you have:
- Experience of other design disciplines (such as user research or UX design) and the ability to contribute to other aspects of the design process, from time to time
- Some experience working in a digital agency or exposure to a similar environment
- Some experience with UK government departments or projects
A little bit about Nexer
Nexer is a User Experience (UX) design, development and consulting company. We work closely with real people to design, build and evolve digital products and services that are highly usable, accessible and engaging. We work with companies large and small, in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors, and we believe strongly in developing long term, mutually beneficial strategic partnerships with our customers. Since 2007, we’ve grown from a team of 4 to a team of 50 people to become one of the most respected User Experience focused digital agencies in the UK. We’re also known for creating and running the popular Camp Digital conference.
Nexer is an inclusive company and we care about diversity. We encourage applications from people who can help enrich the ethnic and cultural diversity of our team, those with access needs, those who need flexible working patterns, and people from all walks of life.
Salary: £35-45k depending on experience.
Benefits: 35 hr working week, 28 days paid holiday + public holidays, company pension, income protection and life insurance, flexible working.
Location: Macclesfield, Cambridge or remote.