New job opportunities at Nexer - User researchers
Research Team Lead
2 minute read
We are expanding our user research team and would like to talk to people with experience in conducting user research for inclusive services across the public and non profit sectors.
We design and develop digital products and services that help people to live and work better. We need to add more User Researchers to our experience design team so we can better meet the increasing demand from our customers in health, education, charities and the public sector for services that really work for people, every day.
Researching, designing and testing with people, our team takes time to understand the context, expectations and behaviour of people using the products and services we design. The role involves working with designers, developers, product managers and testers, covering every part of the design process.
Sometimes our research team works from one of our offices, other times from home, and sometimes they may be working onsite as part of a client-side team. In any case, your energy and enthusiasm will help to balance the requirements of the service provider or customer, with the real-world needs of their users.
Research, analysis, prototype testing and optimisation:
- Plan and carry out various user engagements, using techniques like interviews, surveys, usability testing, and diary studies, that feed into our web, app and system design/development projects
- Communicate user research findings to the client and wider project teams through workshops, reports, videos, user journey maps, personas, prototypes and other methods
- Assist with expert reviews and functional user acceptance testing of client and Nexer developed products and services, where you identify potential user experience opportunities or issues
- Help to define our research and analysis techniques and shape our approach to testing and prototyping. You will make recommendations to the Nexer team as well as our customers and will work with the UX, creative and development teams
- Facilitate research, co-design and rapid prototyping workshops, where we capture the business, user and functional requirements for a range of bespoke applications
- Support the ongoing development of our UX strategy, including writing blog posts and articles, drawing insights from events or press and feeding into any academic research we deliver in collaboration with our university partners
Sales support and discovery work:
- Contributing to proposals, presentations and discovery reports based on clients' requirements and solutions, through collaboration with Nexer colleagues
- Working with the Nexer teams on discussion documents, market approaches and re-usable solutions to meet challenging clients' needs and demands in the market
- Establishing and communicating our UK service portfolio through attending conferences, exhibitions and networking events
Skills and experience
Ideally, you should have:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a user research role and experience of working in a team, ensuring all project requirements for which you are responsible are met while remaining within the cost structure and time constraints dictated by the project
- The ability to maintain good customer / supplier relationships, including helping to manage their expectations, resolving issues and ensuring that communication is sustained in both directions
- A background in or understanding of UX, digital transformation, user-centred design, and accessibility, or related digital product and service design disciplines
- A comprehensive understanding of agile, user-centred ways of working
In addition, we'd love it if you have:
- Experience of other design disciplines (such as user research or UX design) and the ability to contribute to other aspects of the design process, from time to time
- Some experience working in a digital agency or exposure to a similar environment
- Some experience with UK government departments or projects, or awareness of the UK charity and non-profit sector
- A desire to contribute to building inclusive products and services, that have real, positive impact
- An awareness of industry and technology developments in fields such as user research, HCI, digital inclusion and eHealth, including an awareness of the typical platforms used, such as content management systems, search, collaboration tools, Voice and Chatbot, knowledge bases etc. Formal training and development plans will also be identified
A little bit about Nexer
Nexer is a User Experience (UX) design, development and consulting company. We work closely with real people to design, build and evolve digital products and services that are highly usable, accessible and engaging. We work with companies large and small, in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors, and we believe strongly in developing long term, mutually beneficial strategic partnerships with our customers. Since 2007, we’ve grown from a team of 4 to a team of 60 people to become one of the most respected User Experience focused digital agencies in the UK. We’re also known for creating and running the popular Camp Digital conference.
Nexer is an inclusive company and we care about diversity. We encourage applications from people who can help enrich the ethnic and cultural diversity of our team, those with access needs, those who need flexible working patterns, and people from all walks of life.
Salary: £30-38k depending on experience.
Benefits: 35 hr working week, 28 days paid holiday + public holidays, company pension, income protection and life insurance, flexible working.
Location: Macclesfield, Cambridge or remote.