Senior Interaction Designer - job opportunity
Senior Business Administrator
2 minute read
We are expanding our design capability and are keen to talk to people with experience in designing inclusive products across the public and non profit sectors.
We design and develop digital products and services that help people to live and work better. We need to add more Interaction Designers to our experience design team so we can better meet the increasing demand from our customers in the health, education, charities and public sector for services that really work for people, every day.
Working with real users and business stakeholders, our team takes time to understand and map the flow through and between every touchpoint in the services we design. As an interaction designer in a user-centred design business, you will be at the heart of the company - you’ll be generating a wealth of new and innovative ideas to help your clients see the untapped potential of their project or service.
Working closely with colleagues across the business, you will be involved in projects from the start, helping to shape them early on, and to help clients be excited about what is possible. As projects unfold, you will continue that involvement, offering expert design guidance, pairing with research colleagues, and helping to rapidly prototype and explore ideas, and to produce goal-directed design strategies.
Sometimes our designers work from one of our offices, other times from home, and sometimes they may be working on site as part of a client-side team. In any case, your energy and enthusiasm will help to balance the requirements of the service provider with the real-world needs of the service or product users.
As an Interaction Designer at Nexer, you will:
- Work with clients to identify, define, and meet their needs, and those of their users, through the delivery of user-centred, creative applications, websites, and products
- Work with and help to shape client requirements, user requirements, user stories, personas, wireframes, prototypes, journey maps, presentations, concepts, and other design artefacts
- Negotiate project outcomes and manage client expectations
- Present concepts and recommendations to clients
- Represent Nexer at events and meet-ups, and support our content marketing strategy by contributing to articles, blogs and reports
- Mentor other members of our team in the areas in which you excel. Mentor clients, too, to help them develop their capabilities and their appreciation of our work
- Develop advanced techniques, to engage stakeholders and enhance our ability to meet client needs
- Identify and communicate opportunities for new business to the project managers and account managers, attend pitches and contribute to the production of proposals and other sales materials
- Stay current with trends and new technologies through constant exploration and personal research
Skills and Experience
- Expertise in visual and interaction design
- Strong conceptual design and communication skills, a readiness to guide client discussions, and enthusiasm for pairing with colleagues, to produce high-quality work
- Experience of working alongside other designers, front and back-end developers (both internal and client-side)
- Experience of and willingness to take part in workshop facilitation, user research and testing activities
- An in-depth understanding of web standards, usability principles, and accessibility standards
- A curious and adaptable mindset with a desire to make things that have real, positive impact
- Ideally 3+ years working in a similar role, although if you can demonstrate the required skills in your application, we’d love to hear from you
In addition, we’d love it if you have:
- Experience with UK government departments or projects, or awareness of the UK charity and non-profit sector
- Experience of other design disciplines (such as user research or service design) and the ability to contribute to other aspects of the design process, from time to time
- Some experience working in a digital agency or exposure to a similar environment
A little bit about Nexer
Nexer is a User Experience (UX) design, development and consulting company. We work closely with real people to design, build and evolve digital products and services that are highly usable, accessible and engaging. We work with companies large and small, in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors, and we believe strongly in developing long-term, mutually beneficial strategic partnerships with our customers. Since 2007, we’ve grown from a team of 4 to a team of 50 people to become one of the most respected User Experience focused digital agencies in the UK. We’re also known for creating and running the popular Camp Digital conference.
Nexer is an inclusive company and we care about diversity. We encourage applications from people who can help enrich the ethnic and cultural diversity of our team, those with access needs, those who need flexible working patterns, and people from all walks of life.
Salary: £45k - £55k depending on experience.
Benefits: 35 hr working week, 28 days paid holiday + public holidays, company pension, income protection and life insurance, flexible working.
Location: Macclesfield, Cambridge, remote or hybrid.