Test Analyst - job opportunity
Senior Business Administrator
3 minute read
We’re looking for a Test Analyst to join our growing QA team, so we can support our research, design and development teams in delivering high quality, user-centred, accessible products.
We design and develop digital products and services that help people to live and work better. We’re looking for Test Analyst to join our growing Test team so we can better meet the increasing demand from our customers in health, education, charities and the public sector for services that really work for people, every day.
The role and you
You will be required to work in a small, friendly test department which forms part of our larger Technology team. Working with end users, customers and our own technical consultants, you will provide support to existing clients through our service desk, and act as the test analyst for service requests to ensure that all work meets organisation and end-user requirements, under the supervision of the test lead and other test team members.
You will have strong organisational and communication skills, be comfortable prioritising your work and possess the ability to work on multiple tasks and client requirements, and at all times maintaining attention to detail and quality. You will have a specific interest in test methodologies in addition to being enthusiastic about current and emerging web and mobile technologies. In return, you will join a growing company, working as part of a supportive team in a highly collaborative environment and benefitting from an investment in training and professional development.
You’ll be joining at a time of incredible growth, with exciting and inspiring projects to get stuck into right away as part of a supportive and collaborative team.
- Part of the team providing 1st line support for incoming support requests from Nexer clients and Nexer UK staff, ensuring all requests are logged, triaged, responded to, and then managed through to resolution, including testing activities prior to release back to the client
- Creation and execution of test scripts
- Identifying and creating quality defects and documentation of testing activities
- Providing ongoing support to the service desk team around client defects and changes
- Help support test requirements on small projects and deliverables
- Support test requirements on larger projects and deliverables
- Ability to learn quickly in a rapid-paced environment
- Strong desire to learn new technologies
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge/exposure to testing techniques, methods & tools
- Working knowledge of the full software development life cycle
- Experience testing web applications on PC, Mac, and mobile devices
- Excellent people skills, teamwork and communication skills
- Awareness of service desk models and software. Knowledge and/or experience of using Git / GitHub and their various workflow methodologies
- Knowledge of web technologies and content management systems
- Above all else, we are looking for someone that is passionate about quality and is looking to progress their career in software testing
A little bit about Nexer
Nexer is a User Experience (UX) design, development and consulting company. We work closely with real people to design, build and evolve digital products and services that are highly usable, accessible and engaging. We work with companies large and small, in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors, and we believe strongly in developing long term, mutually beneficial strategic partnerships with our customers. Since 2007, we’ve grown from a team of 4 to a team of 50 people to become one of the most respected User Experience focused digital agencies in the UK. We’re also known for creating and running the popular Camp Digital conference.
Nexer is an inclusive company and we care about diversity. We encourage applications from people who can help enrich the ethnic and cultural diversity of our team, those with access needs, those who need flexible working patterns, and people from all walks of life.
Salary: £20,000 to £25,000
Benefits: 35hr working week, 28 days paid holiday + public holidays, company pension, income protection and life insurance, flexible working.
Location: Macclesfield, Cambridge, remote or hybrid.
If you'd like to discuss this role, or any other current vacancies, please contact the lead named on this post for an initial chat. They will tell you a more about Nexer, find out a little more about you and advise on how to apply for the role.